Time & Leisure is a monthly magazine with a predominantly female readership ages between 25-50 years old. This shoot was challenging as we not only had to achieve an attainable look for the readership but also comply with a theme representing, 'London's Fashion Scene'.
| Canary yellow leaf detailed pencil skirt I bought from the amazing vintage shop Absolute Vintage. www.absolutevintage.co.uk Black Bowler hat from H&M www.hm.com/gb/ |
| Leather patch work sweater again from Absolute Vintage. £28, an absolute steal for this great piece. Check it out www.absolutevintage.co.uk |
| Khaki oversized shirt from Primark, www.primark.co.uk Chain mail necklace collar also from Primark, £5. |
| Ankle boots from H&M, £30. www.hm.com/gb |
Inspiration is not hard to come by when you live in London. The streets are full of creative looking people who aren't afraid to show their own style. So I took to the streets to see what look I could come up with that oozed London. The pictures above are of all the individual items I sourced to create the look that I felt reflected London's fashion scene.
On the day of the shoot, each student got equal time with hair and make-up and the photographer to shoot the look. It was such an exciting day and really gave me a sense of what my job could possibly be like some day!
I was really pleased with my final look and was lucky to have such a great model. The aim of my look was 'scruffy glamour' because to me that is what Londoners style is all about.
| London's Calling: Scruffy Glamour. |
| A glimpse at the whole styling. |
| Mise, altering my look on model Pattie. |
This was an invaluable opportunity given to us by LCS because although we were kindly assisted along the way with creating our vision it was ultimately our own choice in hair, make-up and styling that was the final image which was shot for the magazine. I had an amazing, exciting day and I cannot wait for Editorial Day take 2!
Bring Your Boomboom ;),
Sha x.#
Wow that was a great piece. Like the look ;D
ReplyDelete